Sunday, March 17, 2013

Evaluation 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

In the process of creating my magazine, I have used various technologies.

I used my DSLR Nikon D5100 to take photographs for my magazine. I learnt how to frame my photographs. How to frame my subject in a way it creates an interaction with the audience. I used manual focusing for all my photographs so that I could choose which part I wanted to focus at.

Next, Adobe Photoshop. I learnt how to edit my photographs that I had taken using saturation, contrast etc. I could manipulate the photographs any way I wanted. However, I didn't really manipulate it much because I wanted the image to seem real and raw. The colors are genuine. To match with my target audience of the acoustic side. Photoshop did help me to change my photographs to black and white and also to change the background to blue.

Thirdly, Adobe Illustrator. I learnt how to create my own Masthead and how to manipulate fonts into the way I wanted it to be.

Adobe InDesign helped my for the layout for my magazine. I learnt how to place my images and text layouts in the way I wanted it to be when I printed it out like a magazine. I learnt how to put my text in a circle. Haha. This made it so much easier for me to try different layouts quickly and effectively.

Safari, well google, helped me to do research. I was able to do loads of research in a short span of time.

I learnt the different ways of saving my work. Jpeg, Pdf, Ai, Indd, Png, Tiff. These really helped to keep the high quality of my images and work.

I have learnt a lot from various technologies and they have helped greatly to improve the quality of my magazine and helped me accomplish many tasks that I wanted to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment