Sunday, March 17, 2013

Evaluation 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?

Since my preliminary task, I have greatly learnt and understood the forms and conventions of a magazine. It helped me greatly to help progress to my full product. Without truly understanding the forms and conventions of a music magazine, you can;t really create a successful music magazine. Only after understanding it, then can you develop and experiment from there. I also realized how important typography and photographs are. In my preliminary task, I used too many different fonts which made it look too messy. I learnt how to chose my font properly, checking the readability, and the way it fits into my deign. The font can be sophisticated and experimental at the same time. Photographs are really important, the resolution. The sharper the image, the more impact it makes on the targeted audience. Finally, a good masthead is important. I liked my preliminary task masthead that I created in illustrator. The design supports the meaning behind the word. I used what I learnt from this and applied it to my magazine's masthead. Hence, I think that now my magazine is more professionally done as compared to my preliminary task. 


No comments:

Post a Comment