Sunday, March 17, 2013

Evaluation 5

How did you attract/address your audience?

Since most of my target audience is interested in creativity and design innovation, I would say that my design for the magazine is very different and experimental. It is different from the "usual" magazines. There's a pop of neon color at the border of my front cover to attract my audience. It has a surprise element and a sense of creativity. My magazine is also very minimalistic but with lots of information. Black on yellow is one of the most conflicting and complementary colors there is, so it would attract people's attention. However, I thought black and yellow was too common. So I changed the background of my photo to blue. It is very subtle. However, you can see the difference under light after I printed the magazine out. I wanted my masthead to stand out and state what my magazine is about straight away with a glance. That is why my masthead has more elements while the rest of the information is kept simple. There's a lot of subtle elements that reveal what my magazine is about without having to actually read cover lines to know what is going to be in my magazine. So I guess its an element of surprise yet of knowing when the audience buys the magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment